Friday 17 April 2015

Days like this

I work long hours Mon to Thurs, but our office closes midday on a Friday. This is fab, makes a big difference to the weekend.

(I'm in a senior position so I don't get to leave on time much during the week, but my Friday afternoon's are precious!)

Today:

An hour after clocking off time. I'm packing up to leave - get called by a colleague. He has an issue to solve, so I stay to help him.

Two hours later, mostly resolved. I pack up again to come home.

By now the weekend traffic is dreadful. My half hour journey takes me over an hour - bumper to bumper for a lot of it.  Console myself that it's the weekend, even if I have to work for some of it.

Get home, take laptop case out of the car. Laptop case feels suspiciously light.  Open laptop case... have left my FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-ing laptop on my desk at work...

Need laptop...no other options:

Had to drive back to work through even worse traffic, get laptop, drive back home again through the same crap traffic as before...

By the time I got home this time round it was six hours after I was supposed to be finished for the day. So much for my afternoon off...

Ah well, there are days like this I guess!

All the best, Mir xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment